Thought I’d start off the new year and take a page from Jeff Foxworthy and use is famous tag line for Agile. Though intended to bring some humor to the question it really is something that every organization typically asks themselves.
Please add more 🙂
You know your not Agile if:
- Your Product Owner drops by once in awhile to yell at the team for not giving them what they wanted
- Your Product Owner is entirely responsible for writing User Stories
- Your Development and QA teams are separate groups
- Your teams treat missed commitments like a Hollywood marriage
- Your team writes user stories in the current Sprint
- A daily Scrum looks like a bunch of stoners standing around
- Your product backlog changes more than Kim Kardashian changes her cloths.
- You think MVP was Kevin Durant last year
- You think BDD is something you do in the privacy of your own home
We spend a lot of time talking about what Agile looks like, should be etc… but at the end of the day Agile is about addressing the issues that keep you from being great and dealing with them in a manner which focuses on the what not the who.
There is no finger pointing in Agile (just like there is no crying in baseball).
Finding out what stops you from succeeding is a fundamental element of achieving greatness at anything.
You know your not Agile if you are asking yourself if you are or not.